- Gaseous Planet X?
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Planetary Science</title><style>.axkh{position:absolute;clip:rect(447px,auto,auto,459px);}</style><d
 Origin of Solar System</title><style>.axkh{position:absolute;clip:rect(447px,auto,auto,459px);}</sty
 Gaseous Planet X?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Topic
Page: of 2

Astrodelugeologist

122 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  04:25:11  Show Profile  Email Poster  Reply with Quote
Tom,

In your article, "What Happened to Pluto?" in the September 2006 issue of Meta Research Bulletin recently posted on the Meta Research website, you state that it is likely that Planet X was a gaseous planet.

Basically, I would like to hear your reasoning and supporting evidence for this statement. Why do you think that Planet X was probably a gaseous planet? Do you have a general theory to determine which planets would be gaseous and which would be terrestrial?

In your 1997 MRB article, "The Original Solar System", you hypothesize that Planet X was about 3 times as massive as the Earth. Isn't this rather small for a gaseous planet? Also, if I recall correctly, in Dark Matter,..., you argue that Planets V and K were solid, terrestrial planets, and in "The Original Solar System", you hypothesize that these two planets were 8 and 10 times more massive than Earth, respectively. Aren't these rather large for terrestrial planets? Are there upper and lower mass limits for gaseous and terrestrial planets, or are my assumptions regarding planet masses too narrow, being based only on the extant planets of the Solar System?

If Planets T and X were twins, and Planet X was gaseous, would this require that Planet T be gaseous as well? Is there any possible scenario in which one planet could be gaseous and its twin terrestrial?

Finally, are your conjectured Planets A and B gaseous or terrestrial?

--Astro
Page: of 2 Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
© Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000