387 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2008 :  16:41:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see them all .. but do you?
Go to Top of Page

rderosa

USA
1125 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2008 :  18:26:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, there are alot of faces in the Cydonia area. Can someone draw a little arrow where the famous Cydonia face is in this image?

rd
Go to Top of Page

Trinket

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2008 :  22:36:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rderosa

Wow, there are alot of faces in the Cydonia area. Can someone draw a little arrow where the famous Cydonia face is in this image?

rd

When you bite the opposite side of the apple from your previous bite ..
are you shocked when it still taste like apple?

Trinket

Go to Top of Page

Walt

105 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2008 :  09:44:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Walt

105 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2008 :  13:28:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Edited by - Walt on 24 May 2013 14:23:45
Go to Top of Page

Gregg

USA
368 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2008 :  15:44:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For outside reasons of my own, I think that "humans", or equivalent, have been to Mars and perhaps inhabited it. In addition, Dr. Van Flandern's case for the original Cydonia Face being artificial looks to be air tight. However, in these above photographs: faces, figures, artwork are not apparent. I have to agree with Rich DeRosa on this matter. Artificial workings do not stand out.

Perhaps some of us are artistically deficient....

Gregg Wilson
Go to Top of Page

neilderosa

USA
801 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2008 :  16:30:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
For outside reasons of my own, I think that "humans", or equivalent, have been to Mars and perhaps inhabited it. In addition, Dr. Van Flandern's case for the original Cydonia Face being artificial looks to be air tight. However, in these above photographs: faces, figures, artwork are not apparent. I have to agree with Rich DeRosa on this matter. Artificial workings do not stand out.

Perhaps some of us are artistically deficient....

Gregg Wilson

I have to agree with this statement. This is why some of the discoverers of the most convincing artifacts on Mars have been opposed to a "proliferation of faces." That serves to help the advocates of "all is pareidolia" theory by means of dilution; by posting pareidolic images, and calling them "faces." This has been going on for some time now. It places the legitimate researchers in a more difficult position. [Neil DeRosa]
Go to Top of Page

Zip Monster

USA
131 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2008 :  09:58:47  Show Profile  Visit Zip Monster's Homepage  Reply with Quote

"Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Cydonia"

(do you see the large right facing lion's head?)

Zip Monster
Go to Top of Page

rderosa

USA
1125 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2008 :  16:12:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by neilderosa

It places the legitimate researchers in a more difficult position. [Neil DeRosa]
I think the most interesting point along these lines, is something I've said right from the beginning.

"One man's legitimate researcher is another man's purveyor of dillution." rd

That's how pareidolia works.

rd
Go to Top of Page

tvanflandern

USA
2793 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2008 :  15:35:04  Show Profile  Visit tvanflandern's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Walt,

We like to err on the side of tolerance, so I waited until complaints started showing up. You are posting off-topic material here. This is a science board. Religious aphorisms are inappropriate.

Moreover, your images appear to have no scientific content either. Without keys, most of us "artistically challenged" readers see only random terrain in the images you have posted.

Try to be specific about what you see, ideally by outlining it on a helper image. And please make some attempt at a scientific argument that it is more than pareidolia -- face-like shapes (or other special shapes) in natural terrain, which are quite common. Thank you. -|Tom|-
Go to Top of Page

Walt

105 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2008 :  18:11:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
img]http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/5081/fomfriendspz7jt6.gif[/img]

Walt,
I have broken this image link ( by deleting the first square bracket) because the image is too wide for our processing systems and causes some problems.

Please try to find another image that is not as wide (width is the problem.)
Go to Top of Page

Walt

105 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2008 :  20:32:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Behind The Jesters Mask A Pair Of Jokers Wild

TripleD3
Go to Top of Page

tvanflandern

USA
2793 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2008 :  00:24:50  Show Profile  Visit tvanflandern's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Walt

Behind The Jesters Mask A Pair Of Jokers Wild
Please read our editorial about mirrored images. They are never valid in this kind of context. -|Tom|-

http://metaresearch.org/home/Viewpoint/archive/010608Mirror/mirrored_images.asp
Go to Top of Page

Walt

105 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2008 :  11:27:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

rderosa

USA
1125 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2008 :  19:12:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tvanflandern

Please read our editorial about mirrored images. They are never valid in this kind of context. -|Tom|-

Here's some added insight to this, from the definition of "kaleidoscope" from Wikipedia. {emphasis added}

=========================================================
The kaleidoscope is a tube of mirrors containing loose coloured beads or pebbles, or other small coloured objects. The viewer looks in one end and light enters the other end, reflecting off the mirrors. Typically there are two rectangular lengthways mirrors. Setting of the mirrors at 45 creates eight duplicate images of the objects, six at 60, and four at 90. As the tube is rotated, the tumbling of the coloured objects presents the viewer with varying colours and patterns. Any arbitrary pattern of objects shows up as a beautiful symmetric pattern because of the reflections in the mirrors. A two-mirror model yields a pattern or patterns isolated against a solid black background, while a three-mirror (closed triangle) model yields a pattern that fills the entire field.
=========================================================

One thing I would add is that it's no coincidence that the kaleidoscope has basically become little more than a child's toy.

rd
Go to Top of Page

Walt

105 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2008 :  14:23:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Walt

105 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2008 :  18:15:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My Favorite WallPaper
img]http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/7736/myfavoritewallpapercopytz4.gif[/img]

Walt,
I have broken this image link ( by deleting the first square bracket) because the image is too wide for our processing systems and causes some problems.

Go to Top of Page

marsrocks

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2008 :  16:56:27  Show Profile  Visit marsrocks's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not that it really needs enhancing, but for anyone who doesn't already see it, here is an enhanced version of Zipmonster's lion of cydonia:

(The D&M pyramid forms the lion's nose).

And this is my guess at a part of what Walt is trying to show (apologies if I am wrong):

Go to Top of Page

Walt

105 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2008 :  10:03:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cydonia 4 Way

img]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1448/eenymeenymineymoqm72zk3.jpg[/img]

Walt,

Go to Top of Page

Walt

105 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2008 :  14:19:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Paradoxes Resolved, Origins Illuminated © © 2002-? Meta Research Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.03